~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

Luvcookn

Re: ~ Click to Feed the Animals ~

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:57 am

Clicks are in! :O3

Temps here are falling again...-7C this morning and supposed to go down to -18C.

Off to town to visit Dave, Spinning Meeting, booking a hair cut and veggie shopping.

Enjoy this beauteous day we have been given! :-)

“Yet, even amidst the hatred and carnage, life is still worth living. It is possible for wonderful encounters and beautiful things to exist.” Hayao Miyazaki

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:59 am

Your quote from the other day Gerry: “When you live with an open heart unexpected joyful things happen”...came true for me last evening. Emma helped Dave the night Joan passed when I could not be there. She supplied them with winter wood etc. She knows how long I have been caring for them and came to me last night with a big bouquet of beauteous spring flowers. She said to me..."I just wanted to you know that there are very few people who would have done what you did and that I was special!" I was so humbled by her. As you know...I do what I do...nothing special...you see a need and you fill it.

Did get my hair cut (finally) yesterday. I just went into book and she said I could get in at 1:30pm. Happy day!

“Holding a grudge & harboring anger/resentment is poison to the soul. Get even with people...but not those who have hurt us, forget them, instead get even with those who have helped us.” Steve Maraboli,

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:12 pm

Clicks were in early this morning.

We are still under a heavy snow and wind warning, blizzard conditions into tomorrow. I suspect we will/are getting it from both the south and the west. The past number of days have been go, go, go days, I was thinking spring must be coming but seems I was prepping for a storm! Have watched a few curling games and got to one lot of cooking.

How wonderful of your neighbour to bring flowers to acknowledge all you do! You Patti are Wonder Woman!

"Sunday is the perfect day to refuel your soul and be inspired for the week ahead." "

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:02 am

It is -12c here right now and lightly snowing. Need to go to Dave's today and take back the laundry I did and check on things there. His sister in law and husband are coming up tomorrow.

You are still a busy beaver Gerry! Sounds like a good balance between work and relaxing! Good on you! :-)

“We live out our lives as we are meant to live them-with some choice, with some chance, but mostly as a result of the persons we are.” Terry Brooks

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:08 am

Clicks are in.

A feels like minus 34 morning. Hoping all well at your house and looking to hear all about your Sunday outing. The major storm for most part had people close to home as we had "most impactful winter storm of the season. Heavy snow and gusty winds will continue whipping through today" A nasty mess out there but will add much needed moisture. I would much prefer nice warm rainfall!

"You never run out of options if you have hope"

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:57 am

Temps are dropping...-14C this morning and no snow. You are way colder than we are! Brrrrrr!!!

Did not get down to Dave's yesterday...an uneasiness prevented me from going. I have to bite the bullet today. LOL

I have noticed the past couple of mornings that it is getting lighter and lighter outside when I get up (with the birds).

“Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie.” Rudyard Kipling

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:17 am

Clicks were in early this morning.

Have to love Rudyard Kipling, that quote is so true Patti! I can fully understand your uneasiness it is a heart breaking situation which I hope sees to all falling into place. Hope your day goes well.

We are at feels like minus 31 but the sky seems to be clearing and the birds are out so maybe a turn around to nicer weather. Meanwhile have some large awesome rooted leeks that I will plant in containers in the next day or so to get a head start on a leek 'patch' since I found they do winter here- that after I dug out the whole crop a few years back. I also see some recommended seed that sound really good.

“You never fail until you stop trying.” – Albert Einstein

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:01 am

Clicks are in.

I took a little extra time and watched the Freekibble videos and photos this morning , have to love when dogs 'sing' or are very vocal! So worth a watch, amazing how our awesome family fur babies make this world a better place. Hope members are clicking to help as many as possible.

Another damp and downright chilly feels like minus 23 morning with light snow falling, looks pretty but this could be hard on March's pocketbook if it continues ... have to remember shovelling is a no no. Must check the garage plantings and bring in extra potting soil before the walkway fills.

Been another week, this morning a quote that started my day ... a fresh start to a new day and a new week...

"I remind myself life is short - today is what we have right now, for tomorrow I choose to surround myself with faith, hope, empathy and with loving family and friends.”

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:15 am

Be thankful, grateful and blessed this day! :-)

I finally found my gumption and went to Dave's yesterday. I took Chico with and in my frazzled brain...put the clean laundry in Dave's bedroom. Checked over the house to make sure all is well. Called Chico and NOTHING! I instantly went into panic mode. I questioned...did I bring him in? Checked the car...nothing. Went back in and called him...nothing. Went outside to see if there were any tiny footprints...nothing. I thought I was going to be sick. Went back in and thought I should check the bedroom...as I had closed the door. Lo and behold here was Chico standing there looking like 'what's up?' He barks at most things...but never when I call him...erg! So I swallowed my stomach...picked him up and held him tight until I could move. Fun times in the 'hood! LOL

It is -17C this morning and no snow. Our temp must seem balmy to you Gerry! lol I did not know about the leeks over wintering. Thank you for that!

“Don't be afraid of the shadows, that only means there's a light nearby.” Evanescence

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:23 am

Looks like we are getting a cold and sunny day today! Could use some Vitamin D!

Making mushroom broth today for a tagged soup recipe. Bought some dried Golden Chanterells to add with the white mushooms. Should be gooda!

“There is only one who is all powerful, and His greatest weapon is love.” Stan Lee