What's Up Today

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

QueenBea

Re: What's Up Today

Post by QueenBea » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:39 pm

It's cold and rainy here today, so I'm staying indoors. I had family stay over this past weekend for a family reunion so I will be cleaning my messy house, lol. Isn't it funny how we clean the house from top to bottom when you are expecting guests, just to mess it all up again!?!

Sue

Post by Sue » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:35 am

QueenBea wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:39 pm
It's cold and rainy here today, so I'm staying indoors. I had family stay over this past weekend for a family reunion so I will be cleaning my messy house, lol. Isn't it funny how we clean the house from top to bottom when you are expecting guests, just to mess it all up again!?!
Dust dishes and laundry are the gifts that keep on giving. :lol:
And I would be remiss if I didn't mention cat fuzz. I have zero idea how my cats are not bald from all the shed.

Sue

Post by Sue » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:46 am

Good morning! Sun is shining but still cold here. Supposed to warm up in a few days.
I am a bit stoked to see my grocer can order whole pigs from 20-120 pounds. Trying to figure out what the least amount will fit easily onto my grill rotisserie to make suckling pig.
I def cannot do the 120. Even if I could fit it on there, who the heck would eat all that? Wait!
Don't answer that. I'd give it a try all by myself if nothing else. :lol:

I used to know a guy who did an annual pig roast. He had a permanent pit dug in his backyard. It certainly was an outrageous setup. Everyone looked forward to it.

In years further back, at a place I worked, le chef did a sucking pig on a rotisserie but sadly failed to adequately secure the head. Piggy went round and round with apple in mouth, with a startling flop of the head with each revolution. It was unforgettable. Not the food itself, but the spectacle. :shock: #notsayingnuttintocheffy #notmycircus

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:48 am

That much of been a spectacle for sure Sue lol. Before we sold our camp, we used to get together with all the camp neighbors and have pig roasts every year. We all chipped in to pay for the pig and all brought a side dish to share. It was a hoot and what a feast it was...

This past weekend I saw Costco was selling whole lambs in the freezer section, I had never seen that before anywhere... We do have a big Halal Food Tour coming throughout our province beginning May 6th. I think it might have something to do with that as there was a big HALAL stamp posted on the lambs.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:57 am

Chimney sweep friend and I used to do to pig roasts every year, one 4th of July and one at Halloween.
He moved away so we stopped. Best eating in the world.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:28 pm

Raining like crazy here, we need it though.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:29 pm

It's a gorgeous day here. Thank goodness as I have the grand kids today since it's a PA day... They have been playing outside all day. It's been really wet and cold the past couple of weeks so the break from the rain is a nice change. We have so much water in the back yard so they are having hoot!! Mom and Dad might not be too pleased with how dirty they are, hahahahaha.....

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:38 pm

Kids do love mud!
I did a french intensive garden bed one year ( that is a lot of work ) for my root crops,long story short...
it rained and my 2 oldest kids jumped in and made it a muddy mess ( as well as themselves ) as my wife stood there and watched.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:23 pm

Shadows1 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:38 pm
Kids do love mud!
I did a french intensive garden bed one year ( that is a lot of work ) for my root crops,long story short...
it rained and my 2 oldest kids jumped in and made it a muddy mess ( as well as themselves ) as my wife stood there and watched.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri May 05, 2023 12:43 pm

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!!