Quantity or Quality Recipes: What's more important Zazz?

Introduce Yourself to the community. Chat with other members, tell us what's currently on your mind! Got a food question? someone will be around to help you out.

Moderator: Admin-RZ

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Re: Quantity or Quality Recipes: What's more important Zazz?

Post by RZ-Admin » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:45 pm

Here's an interesting case: Marzetti's Potato Salad Dressing Recipe

A couple reviews claim it's coleslaw dressing. Is it? if so, what should we do with this recipe?

It does rank on search engines for 'marzetti potato salad dressing recipe'. So if this is not the correct recipe, we should correct it and keep it named as it is.

TeresaS

Post by TeresaS » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:36 pm

Dave...

I did a quick search on the coleslaw dressing by marzetti...it does not have celery seed in it...marzetti did discontinue their potato salad dressing and received so much negative feed back that they brought it back...I'm not sure if this recipe was created to replace it during the time it wasn't being produced...I did notice people enjoyed using the coleslaw dressing in their potato salad...like it was a secret ingredient...that might explain the recipe name...

An update on the description of the recipe could include that this is a clone and not an original recipe...

Have you been in contact with the poster...lovinretirement...she's still active on the site...just to see what her thoughts are and what she would like to see done...

TeresaS

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:56 pm

Thank you for the research Teresa. I have not been in touch with lovinretirement. I was hoping this post would empower the community to magically solve this. ;)

TeresaS

Post by TeresaS » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:54 pm

Well that didn't work...if I had the "remote control" I would delete the three negative reviews...due to the only review that each of them have done was on this recipe...all fairly close to each other...what are the odds of that happening...anyway...there are two 5 star reviews by members who have multiple reviews and recipes posted...that should far out weigh the three negative review...btw...lovinretirement has the slaw dressing clone posted... #recipe5225 ...it has only 1 review and it's a 5 star...just saying...

Have a great day!
Teresa

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:08 pm

Teresa, I took your advice and did that. Also linked to the other recipes. Would be great to get some new reviews and photos of these so we can include them in our spring salad roundups.

TeresaS

Post by TeresaS » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:18 pm

RZ-Admin wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:08 pm
Teresa, I took your advice and did that. Also linked to the other recipes. Would be great to get some new reviews and photos of these so we can include them in our spring salad roundups.

That's a great idea... :)

4/4...Done...reviews and photos...:)

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:41 am

TeresaS wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:18 pm
RZ-Admin wrote:

Teresa, that is awesome that you did this!!! Thx for that :X

RZ-Admin
Site Admin

Post by RZ-Admin » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:18 pm

Sorry I missed the last post Teresa. Thank you for updating all of those! You are awesome! Thank you! :)

TeresaS

Post by TeresaS » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:20 pm

QueenBea wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:41 am
TeresaS wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:18 pm
RZ-Admin wrote:

Teresa, that is awesome that you did this!!! Thx for that :X
You're welcome...:)

TeresaS

Post by TeresaS » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:21 pm

RZ-Admin wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:18 pm
Sorry I missed the last post Teresa. Thank you for updating all of those! You are awesome! Thank you! :)
You're welcome...it was fun...:)