JANUARY EASY MEALS EVENT

Moderators: Bergy, Derf, QueenBea

Derf

Re: JANUARY EASY MEALS EVENT

Post by Derf » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Here's my easy supper tonight thanks to Dissie :D Very tasty casserole and a different way for using sweet peppers :D

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/zesty- ... nd-peppers

I thought i had some penne but i didn't so i used Fusilli, worked just fine and used yellow and red peppers, just made half a recipe for the two of us.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Derf wrote:really curious about your "actifry", do you have a photo of it or a link to see it??
it's not something i'm familar with and it sounds interesting :lol:
http://www.recipezazz.com/viewforums/vi ... it=actifry

I LOVE it...lol

Derf

Post by Derf » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:54 pm

QueenBea wrote:
Derf wrote:really curious about your "actifry", do you have a photo of it or a link to see it??
it's not something i'm familar with and it sounds interesting :lol:
http://www.recipezazz.com/viewforums/vi ... it=actifry

I LOVE it...lol

Thanks!! wow that is a wonderful machine, everything looks so delicious :!:

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:15 am

Roxanne wrote:Oh man, *drool!* Love the photos Derf, especially the butter on those biscuits, I need one of those now. I hope you all feel better soon.

Okay, so it didn't occur to me before to submit this cause it is a local cuisine which I make often and have made quite a few times since January began lol. I finally wrote up a recipe for it a while back and it was one of the first recipes I submitted to Zazz, but the photo is new :D. One of my absolute faves, great side dish for stews or curries or even saucy vegetarian dishes like callaloo. I like to eat all on it's own with ketchup and pepper too, yum!

My Trini Style Cassava (Yucca)
A few years ago, when I was living in Florida for a short time, I got yucca as a side dish in a drive thru place... Can't think of the name of it. It is delicious and is a great substitute for potatoes. I love the flavor and texture... Just yummy! I bought some and boiled it and then put butter and vinegar on it... Yummy... Kind of a cross between a potato and a mild cabbage if I remember correctly...

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:39 am

YW racr, I find it so interesting as well to see what is available in certain parts of the world and the names for things too! For example Bergy posted a recipe using chayote and here it is called christophene. Cassava is yucca, sago is tapioca pearls, I bet I can go on and on :lol:.

Oh wow Bergy, cool to hear that you see the fresh root available where you live. If you do get to try it I hope you enjoy.

willow, your creative attempt makes the photo look really dreamy! Love it! That is really cool that you had callaloo before. Put some of that over the cassava and you have a great nutritious and filling vegetarian meal right there! Well that's if they make the calloloo without crab in it lol. and thank you, I always like to use that red backdrop, it's my thing :oops:.

Thanks Derf and loving the photos, totally saved that recipe. Yum!

Bea oh Bea I wish you were living next to me, I'd be over at your house to eat some of that shrimp with thee :lol:. Gorgeous photo and that shrimp in the foreground, I want to grab a fork and have at it!

Linda, so cool that you know what it tastes like! Cause I certainly couldn't describe it. Nice to hear you liked it too.

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:30 pm

A lovely Silky Beverage I tried Today

AcadiaToo's Pumpkin Spice Almond Milk

Last edited by QueenBea on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gkwillow

Post by gkwillow » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Never tasted almond milk before - although I do know exactly where to find it in the grocery store - do you pick up a little almond taste? And I LOVE anything vanilla so will for sure save this recipe for summer when I'm wanting an icy drink... Too snowy, windy, and cold today. :(

The pic is so nice with the brown and green in the background. It makes the milky color pop!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:55 pm

gkwillow wrote:Never tasted almond milk before - although I do know exactly where to find it in the grocery store - do you pick up a little almond taste? And I LOVE anything vanilla so will for sure save this recipe for summer when I'm wanting an icy drink... Too snowy, windy, and cold today. :(

The pic is so nice with the brown and green in the background. It makes the milky color pop!
Thanks gk, I was expecting a stronger almond taste but it is not strong at all, it's there but subtle

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Another tagged recipe I made today, I am enjoying it right now. I do highly reccomend this one.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/autumn ... up-low-fat

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Wow Bea two more gorgeous photos. Love the angle of the glass and the soup looks so tempting